Sunday, December 19, 2021

Spinning Year End Wrap Up (or how many WIPS can I find)


I am currently spinning a variety of different fibers.  Just like my stitching, I want to finish all the items I have on the go before I start anything new.  And oh are there a lot of pretty things waiting for my attention.

On the Kromski Sonata I am spinning a wool and silk blend.  It is rather sticky and not a lot of fun to spin.  Once it is spun and washed, I think it will be very pretty. 

On my spindles, I am working on a 80/20 BFL and nylon blend in the color Bounty Hunter's Picnic.  This is a long term spin.  I am taking my time and enjoying the process.  The fiber came from a fiber club by Into the Whirled.  Even though it has been in my stash for a couple years, it is spinning like a dream. It wasn't compacted at all.

On the Electric Eel I am working on a fiber from Wisconsin Sheep and Wool.  I don't recall who the vendor was or what type of wool it was.  It is a mixture of wool and sparkle.  Emphasis on Sparkle.  It is oh so pretty and interesting to spin.  I really have to pay attention or I end up with all sparkle or all wool. But I think that may be what is making it fun.

Until next time, Be Safe, Keep the Shiny Side Up and Always Ride Your Own Life ~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment