Monday, March 26, 2012

Goals

I wasn't very active last week.  So I'm recommitting myself to a couple mini goals.  They are:
  1. Doing more than 20 min of yoga every morning.
  2. Walking every work day at lunch.
My ultimate goal is to be able to run.  I want to be able to run a whole mile.

Yes, there is a story behind that goal.  In highschool gym class, 25 + years ago, we were supposed to run a mile in a set time limit to pass the class.  I couldn't do it, although the gym teacher took pitty on me and passed me anyway.  I guess that was an A for effort moment.  It was embarrassing and humiliating not to be able to run more than 1/2 way around the track without losing my breath and I was only 17. My friends came out just to encourage me to keep going after they had finished, walking and running with me.  They were wonderfully supportive.  Now all these years later, it still really bothers me that I wasn't able to do that one thing.  It is important to me to finally know that I can do it.  I can run a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment