Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ten on Tuesday: Thankfulness

I have neglected this blog for a very long time.  I had great and grand plans when I started this almost a year ago.  But as you can see, I haven't done a very good job following through with those plans.  So what better way to jump back into my blog than by doing a 10 on Tuesday, and what better 10 things to write about than the 10 things I'm thankful for.

  1. The first and most important thing I am thankful for is my family.  I am very lucky to have wonderful, healthy children and a very supportive husband.  But I am also very fortunate to still have my parents and extended family, who are still constantly teaching me new things.  I also have wonderful in-laws who are alway there for us when we need them.
  2.  
  3. My wonderful, giving friends.  My best friends are the friends with whom I went to highschool.  They have always been and continue to be my biggest supporters and sometimes instigators.
  4.  
  5. After the financial crisis of the last few years, I feel so very thankful to own our home.  It's not big, or fancy but it is ours.  It keeps us warm and dry, what more could a person ask.
  6.  
  7. I have enough.  There is always more that I want, but I'm thankful that I have enough:  enough food, enough love, enough of everything that is truely important.
  8.  
  9. I have always struggled with having faith in a power greater than myself.  I believe in God, but it seems to be a constant struggle to maintain that faith.  So when I am content with that belief, I'm thankful for simply having faith and not doubting it.  Even though I know tomorrow I may be struggling again, just for today I'm not and that makes me thankful.
  10.  
  11. I am healthy and started the couch to 5K program.  I never thought I'd be a person that enjoyed running, but I really enjoying conquering each workout.
  12.  
  13. I have a good job, which I enjoy. I work with some really great people and the work is challenging.  I am blessed to work with people who not only think about their own careers, but also do what they can to help mine advance as well.
  14.  
  15. I am thankful to be able to sew, knit and spin because I want to and not because I have to in order to clothe my family.  I enjoy these hobbies, often time they keep me sane.  However if I had to do them, I think they would lose their enjoyment.
  16.  
  17. Social Media.  I have learned so much from people all over the world due to Plurk, Twitter and Ravelry.  I have seen how, no matter what country we live in, our lives really are not very different.  I love being able to turn on my computer and read the thoughts of someone a hundred miles away and realize that they are going through some of the same things I am.  It makes the world less large and scary.
  18.  
  19. Podcasts, both audio and video have taught me about knitting, spinning, history.  They have given me an appreciation for classic literature, even when I haven't always loved it.  Just like social media, I've learned that we are all more similar than we are different.
*****
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.

No comments:

Post a Comment